- Be careful when bicycling past parked vehicles or stopped buses, as pedestrians may appear suddenly.
- Keep to the middle of YOUR lane.
- Thankyou NZ Police. A perfect photo of good distance between bicycle and motor-vehicle. Keeping distance of 1.5 meters between bicyclist & moving vehicle.when passing.
- When a vehicle is stationary, look for break lights, exhaust fumes. This is a sign the car has started and may be about to move.
- Ride defensively. Look over your shoulder and check your mirror’s (Get a mirror if you haven’t already. Improves site visibility to your rear)